Sunday, May 27, 2007

...

Our ward had a Spring Fair yesterday and I am sunburned. Harrison and I entered the bake-off in different categories. In each category, there were First, Second and Third prizes awarded. Harry won Third Prize in his category. He made gulab jamun, an Indian sweet thingy. There were four entrants in my category. I did not win a prize. I did not mind. Rob ran a shooting gallery. He put Velcro vests on kids and had people shoot nerf darts at them. There appeared to be as much interest in being the targets as in shooting at them. We also had a pie throwing booth, where people threw pie plates full of pudding at longsuffering men. It is apparent that we are in the Wild West. These things would not be allowed in a civilized place. The youth leaders have bribed the young men and women to join the choir for the next month or so as we prepare for a big Joseph Smith thing. I had almost 40 people at choir practice today. I think bribery is a good thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger shanlouise said...

A shooting gallery... you're definitely Albertans now ;)

Sounds like fun!

2:12 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home