HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
...to Nathan! Sounds like you got a new home for your birthday this year. Did you celebrate? How's the house-selling going? How's the job? Are you guys close to the Bayview Mall? I'm trying to place you in my limited experience of North york. I think I've been in your church building. Post some photos! Again, happy birthday. I remember when you were born...
3 Comments:
[Shannon] Yes, we are close to the Bayview Mall. It is very hoity-toity. I have never felt so out of place in a *mall* before. It is close enough to walk to -- that's where Nathan walks to get the subway.
There's also a YMCA beside it which supposedly has great kids' programmes, and there's a church right next to ours which runs a playgroup Tues and Thurs.
We are also practically walking distance to an Ikea, Al.
I can see the area in my mind. I once got really sick in Bayview Mall and almost ended up in North York hospital just as the SARS crisis hit there. It is hoity-toity, but Restoration Hardware is a fun place to browse (too expensive to buy) if you're ever out with Nathan sans kids. how do you like the ward?
The ward is fine -- everyone was really friendly the first day. Sacrament meeting was *so quiet*, and we were sitting near the front, so I assumed there weren't many kids in the ward, but the Primary looks to be a decent size, though smaller than in London, it seems. The chapel was packed, but then the counselor who was conducting -- he had been sick in the hospital and then quarantined (for his protection) at home for a while -- commented on how many people were there that day. They also seem to have an active young marrieds group doing activities, so that should be nice.
Post a Comment
<< Home