happy birthday to michael
it was yesterday, but i wasn't online yesterday. Michael now has a one-year grace period before becoming old, or at least reaching the stage where birthdays become considerably less exciting. Happy birthday, nonetheless. Asher's class is doing a unit on Shakespeare (grade 3, I know, I thought it was weird too) and their study of sonnets led to the valentine he gave us yesterday, which read, "Dearest Mother and Father, Shall I compare my love for you to a pound of crispy bacon. If this be error upon me proved, I never read a book nor ever ate a piece of fruit." Apparently Asher's love for bacon, books and fruit, legendary in our home, has now become poetic inspiration. It's chilly today, and Ted, Dexter and I are holed up in my bedroom with a space heater, the olympics on tv and snacks. Also the computer, obviously. We're not coming out until I have to make dinner. At that point, the space heater and olympics will probably accompany me to the kitchen. The walk to Asher's school and back this morning was cold and windy enough to last me all day. Fortunately, the boys have the rest of the week off, because with a forecast high of -22 tomorrow, i would probably keep at least Asher at home anyway. It was 14 above a few days ago.
1 Comments:
YAYYYY!!!
Happy Birthday to MEEEE!
Post a Comment
<< Home