Friday, January 27, 2006

Rant #2 : Canal Fever!

So i just went skating on the canal! Good fun, Good fun. Or it might have been if i had been skating in the last 6 or 7 years. Actually, it was still quite fun, although my posterior may tell you otherwise. I have also become one of those "bus people" that i used to feel sorry for. You know, the people that take the bus on a regular basis. And yes, it's just as disreputable as you might have thought. I then had hot chocolate and chatted in the lounge with a guy from Chile.
The multiculturalism of Ottawa U is really a good thing, but I think the University tries too hard to not discriminate. It's kind of annoying when your lab TA doesn't speak english, particularly when they are the only source you have for help. BAH! ok, there's my complaining for the evening. Hmmmm, i really don't have a very exciting existence. Ooh! I DID go see the National Canadian Figure Skating Championships! It was really cool! Plus, we were at centre ice, third row from the front, so all the jumping was right in front us. Woohoo! Plus, it was free, because she already had the tickets! Emmanuel Sandhu 10 feet in front of me. I fell in love with a high-jumping figure skater named Vaughn Chipeur as well. He's from Alberta, so maybe some of you foreigners know him. Ooooor, not. Ok, well i'm off to bed, getting ready for a hard day of studying. Joy. Boy oh boy. I cannot wait.

Tata,

3 Comments:

Blogger Al said...

how can you say your life isn't interesting when you've been skating, seen skating, and you get to ride on a bus ALL THE TIME?!!! Buses are fun.

11:45 p.m.  
Blogger shanlouise said...

Yeah, hey, don't slam the bus, man. I used to take it all the time, until Solomon was too big to carry. I just wish we had better service here.

4:54 p.m.  
Blogger Tiffany said...

at least you guys HAVE a bus... they tell me one exists in Airdrie but i have yet to lay eyes on it even though i've seen the bus stops. I figured they were just there for people to sit and have lunch and to annoy those motorists looking for a place to park. However, since you can walk across town in less than an hour i guess it isn't such a big deal to complain about.

1:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home