From the Thames...
I thought I would give a general update, since Nathan only ever calls Chesterville and then I think he only ever talks about himself.
Miriam -- walking, running, jumping, climbing. She really loves the rocking chair from Grandma & Grandpa Svenson. Especially moving it around the room to gain better access to the piano, bookcases, etc. It is trapped in a corner now because her idea of rocking on it is standing on the arms, facing the back, and trying her hardest to tip it over. She has also discovered that she can climb on the back of the couch and play with the thermostat, and thus the epic struggle between parent and child for control of the temperature has begun. Legos are a favourite of hers. The boys are no longer safe taking it on the table to play, as she knows she can go to our tupperware cupboard and get a little plastic bowl to help her climb on a chair and grab handfuls of lego and toss it around. She likes to sit and cuddle with Darwin and laught at and be goofy with Solomon.
Solomon -- Quite the artist lately. His favourite techniques are pencil on paper and pen on skin. He draws lots of faces and they're kind of creepy. Sometimes, he's a baby cat named Cuddly. Rather moody lately, too -- he's either on top of the world or wallowing in the depths of misery because he spilled his cereal or Miriam is sitting where he wants to sit. He loves dancing and rock music. Lenny Kravitz came on the radio last time we were in the car and he yelled "Yeah! This is MUSIC!" and started flailing his arms and legs -- er, dancing. If I put on CBC 2, he calls it "girl music" and finds the college station.
Darwin -- Suddenly very helpful around the house. Drying and putting away the dishes, taking over laundry duty (well, not folding or sorting), making cheesey potatoes (well, not the parts that involve the oven), getting out everything I need when I'm cooking. He likes making up songs, usually about whatever he's doing at the moment. He started a comic today, about his future life as a husband and father of four kids. In the first one, he is teaching his kids how to make cheesey potatoes. So far two of his kids have names -- Avery and Harry. He's always up for a game of Crazy 8s or Go Fish or Yahtzee or magic squares or hull gull.
Shannon -- I'm currently doing a reading challenge, to read 3000 pages in 8 weeks. I'm doing well so far, but I have fallen behind schedule. I wasn't going to count reading aloud to the kids, but I think I just might. I'm teaching in primary now, the 5 year olds. It's rather fun, a nice small class. Hey, I didn't know Harrison played the French horn. I pulled mine out to play a bit the day before I read that. Man, am I out of shape. The kids thought it was funny. Solomon asked me not to play "that thing" so loudly.
Nathan -- still YM president. Still working at Stream, though he moved to a new contract (Roadrunner). He recently discovered he likes milk mixed with sprite.
Miriam -- walking, running, jumping, climbing. She really loves the rocking chair from Grandma & Grandpa Svenson. Especially moving it around the room to gain better access to the piano, bookcases, etc. It is trapped in a corner now because her idea of rocking on it is standing on the arms, facing the back, and trying her hardest to tip it over. She has also discovered that she can climb on the back of the couch and play with the thermostat, and thus the epic struggle between parent and child for control of the temperature has begun. Legos are a favourite of hers. The boys are no longer safe taking it on the table to play, as she knows she can go to our tupperware cupboard and get a little plastic bowl to help her climb on a chair and grab handfuls of lego and toss it around. She likes to sit and cuddle with Darwin and laught at and be goofy with Solomon.
Solomon -- Quite the artist lately. His favourite techniques are pencil on paper and pen on skin. He draws lots of faces and they're kind of creepy. Sometimes, he's a baby cat named Cuddly. Rather moody lately, too -- he's either on top of the world or wallowing in the depths of misery because he spilled his cereal or Miriam is sitting where he wants to sit. He loves dancing and rock music. Lenny Kravitz came on the radio last time we were in the car and he yelled "Yeah! This is MUSIC!" and started flailing his arms and legs -- er, dancing. If I put on CBC 2, he calls it "girl music" and finds the college station.
Darwin -- Suddenly very helpful around the house. Drying and putting away the dishes, taking over laundry duty (well, not folding or sorting), making cheesey potatoes (well, not the parts that involve the oven), getting out everything I need when I'm cooking. He likes making up songs, usually about whatever he's doing at the moment. He started a comic today, about his future life as a husband and father of four kids. In the first one, he is teaching his kids how to make cheesey potatoes. So far two of his kids have names -- Avery and Harry. He's always up for a game of Crazy 8s or Go Fish or Yahtzee or magic squares or hull gull.
Shannon -- I'm currently doing a reading challenge, to read 3000 pages in 8 weeks. I'm doing well so far, but I have fallen behind schedule. I wasn't going to count reading aloud to the kids, but I think I just might. I'm teaching in primary now, the 5 year olds. It's rather fun, a nice small class. Hey, I didn't know Harrison played the French horn. I pulled mine out to play a bit the day before I read that. Man, am I out of shape. The kids thought it was funny. Solomon asked me not to play "that thing" so loudly.
Nathan -- still YM president. Still working at Stream, though he moved to a new contract (Roadrunner). He recently discovered he likes milk mixed with sprite.
3 Comments:
Ok, Nathan has hit an all-time high on the weirdness scale. That's worse than the water floats he used to whip up. Sounds more like a cure for dyspepsia than a refreshing beverage of choice. Of course, he may be dyspeptic, in which case I applaud his creativity. Pictures of your kids, please? I keep seeing Miriam in my mind as a baby, which I'm sure she isn't any more, and the photos we have of your boys etc. are hopelessly out of date. By the way, why 3000 pages?
I have to agree with allison there. Holy Cow, Nathan. Isn't stuff like that against the Word of Wisdom?
3000 pages, I'm not quite sure why, I guess the person who organized it decided it would be enough that you would feel like you accomplished something at the end, without it being too overwhelming on a day-to-day basis (it works out to about 55 pages a day). The idea is to get you focused on continually educating yourself -- something that tends to fall by the wayside when there are little kids around to care for, but is nonetheless important.
As for Nathan's drink -- he persuaded me to try a little. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Just like sweet, fizzy milk. I thought the pop might curdle the milk, but it didn't
Post a Comment
<< Home